If you want to increase traffic to your business’ blog, look no further. Here are seven of the most effective tips to build readership and get more potential customers to your blog.
- Write and post new content. Search engine algorithms prefer updated content, therefore increasing your blog’s ranking in search engine results. Also, staying current with your blog content encourages readers to return to your blog.
- Use social media. Share every single blog post to all of your social media accounts; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ are absolutely necessary for promoting your blog content. If your blog consists of a significant amount of images (i.e. products) or videos (i.e. how-to’s), you need to be promoting your blog content on Pinterest and YouTube. Social media is the top traffic source for all blogs and website content. If you do not have social media accounts, create your business accounts immediately.
- Pre-schedule your blog content to social media using HootSuite, which manages all your social media accounts in one place for easy blog content sharing.
- Follow a consistent posting schedule. Research indicates that the best times to post content is in conjunction with social media peak times:
- Facebook: Thursday and Friday; 1:00 p.m. local time for the most shares, 3:00 p.m. local time for the most clicks.
- Twitter: For B2B content, Monday through Friday and for B2C content, Friday through Sunday; 5:00 p.m. local time for most retweets, 12:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. for the most clicks.
- LinkedIn: Tuesday through Thursday; 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., and 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. are the best times to post. The optimum time to post: Tuesday from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. local time.
- Google+: Monday through Thursday; 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. local time with Wednesday being the best day for posting.
- Pinterest: Saturday; 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. local time. Friday is best for retail and fashion posts; 3:00 p.m. Pinterest is great for B2C posts.
5. Add social share buttons to your blog and each individual blog post. This makes it easy for your readers to generate more traffic by their sharing immediately with others.
6. Do not be afraid to re-share past blog content. Oftentimes, social media posts are missed by some people in your network. By re-sharing a previous (and relevant) blog post, you ensure the content will be seen by your entire network in a relevant way.
7. Guest contributors add significant value to your blog and its content as well as increasing traffic to your blog because the guest contributor will bring their network to your blog. A guest contributor writes relevant content for your blog and in turn, shares the content with their network and many times ask you to be a guest contributor for their blog.