Business owners focus on operations, management of employees, finances, building new products, brainstorming services, and improving the overall health of the business. As a business owner, you have a lot on your plate. When you include social media marketing, website development and management, and other marketing requirements, the workload begins to be overwhelming and daunting. Business owners need a team of professionals, whether in-house or outsourced, that support the business.
Producing blog content is not just about writing. There are a lot of factors involved in content writing, including, but not limited to; SEO keyword research, managing the blog platform, and social media management.
In order to have a successful blog, there is a significant time commitment required to publish consistent and creative content. Business owners can attempt to manage their web and blog content on their own or they can outsource dedicated professional writers to produce blog content for the business.
Benefits of Writing Your Own Business Blog
- If you have an in-house staff member that can take on the additional responsibilities of blog writing and content management, costs are typically lower than outsourcing. However, ensure the staff member can accept the time commitment required and their primary role with the business will not be affected. Also, make sure the staff member is a qualified writer. Poorly written content will destroy a blog’s chance for success. Be available to train the staff member in social media management and SEO analysis for the most successful blog posts.
- Blog posts that are created in-house tend to be more personable and can sometimes provide higher quality content. The staff member has a vested interest in the business and can directly relate to the reader more easily.
- The in-house writing representative can feel a sense of authority and trust by the business owner, which can lead to better employee performance. The staff member is now responsible to be the “voice” of the company and will benefit from the writing experience and content management experience, furthering their portfolio.
Benefits of Outsourcing Your Business Blog Content
- Time is one of the most beneficial aspects of outsourcing your business blog needs. Content writing takes significant time and when you include social media management the time requirement greatly increases. Outsourcing your blog writing and management will save your business large of amounts of time and subsequently a lot of money.
- The majority of freelance blog writers are experienced and provide high-quality content with a quicker turn-around than a novice writer. Constant revisions will not be necessary; just a simple review process. Also, many outsourced blog writer professionals are knowledgeable in SEO keyword analysis and social media management. You will only need to hire one well-trained professional for all your blog content management needs.
- No one knows your business better than you. However, to gain interest and increase traffic to your blog, you will need a fresh and unique perspective. Overfamiliarity can cause blog content to sound dull and boring. An outsourced freelancer provides a new fresh look at your business and bring a sense of excitement to your content.