I don’t know whether this is the case for most writers, but I tend to experience a bit of a slow down each January. It’s not really a big deal – in fact, after a crazy December of scrambling to finish up projects by the end of the year, it’s kind of nice to have the breather.
I do find however, that getting motivated again after a slow-down can sometimes be challenging. Especially with all the other distractions. I could write a top ten list of things that I do to help motivate myself… but being in a bit of a subversive mood today – here is a list of ways that I have managed to distract myself from writing instead 🙂
1. Skating in the park followed by a hot chocolate from Starbucks.
2. Scrolling through Facebook – not posting, just scrolling.
3. Checking my stock portfolio online. Hitting refresh, refresh, refresh…
4. Stretching my back because it feels good.
5. Spinning around in my chair.
6. Shopping online because I need a new purse.
7. Make myself some tea.
8. Go back for more hot water because I like my tea really hot.
9. When all else fails, write a top ten list.